Xcel Energy and 1Gas connections are both Derby based gas companies owned by Zafar Nicod. We’ve included them here together since the two companies have the same owner, although 1Gas helps with new connections and Xcel Energy actually supplies gas.
Below you’ll find tariffs from both companies along with reviews.
Xcel Energy Business Gas Tariffs
- 1 to 5 Years Fully Fixed gas prices
- Personal Account Manager
- UK based staff
1Gas Connections Business Services
- Install Standard and non-standard gas meters.
- Meter housing and non-standard pressure requirements.
- New gas pipe installation and connections.
- Gas connection upgrades and downgrades
- Pipe relocation
- Gas disconnection
- Gas supply contracts (note since the company has the same owner as Xcel Energy they may try to steer you towards them)
Xcel Energy Company Profile: Xcel Energy is a trading name of Xcel Power Limited and has been in business since 2014. beyond supplying gas they can also help with energy procurement, site works and renewal reminders.
1Gas Connections Company Profile: 1Gas is a trading name of 1Gas Connections Limited and has only been in business since May 2017. They provide gas pipe and meter connection services for domestic and business customers throughout Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales).
Note both companies are have their Registered office address as 11 Longley Lane, Spondon, Derby, Derbyshire, DE21 7AT with Zafar Nicod as the sole director.
Xcel Energy / 1Gas Connections Reviews
Note there appears to be some confusion about online reviews for both Xcel Energy and 1Gas Connections. Both companies seem to be sharing the same Trustpilot review page, with a 6.2 out of 10 score.
However, Ryan Jones states that:
This company is not what it says it is!
The reviews on this profile belong to a company called 1Gas & Power Ltd who were trading as 1Gas Connections. The company went into liquidation at the end of March 2017 leaving many customers, suppliers and employees without the money they were owed and without the gas works that they had paid for!
The company now using this profile are called 1 Gas Connections and seem to be using this name with a gap between the 1 and the Gas in an attempt to try and benefit from the positive reviews the previous company had gathered over several years before its demise.
This new company was only incorporated on 15th May 2017 and yet all the reviews are from before this date and many have responses from the old Director of the previous company!
Moreover, 1Gas Connections’ previous Trustpilot page (which claimed a 5-star rating based on 169 reviews, no longer seems to be live). Therefore, if you’re thinking of switching to either company, you may want to speak to representative of the company before doing so.
Also, please beware that Xcel Energy (UK) is not the same company as the identically named American company based in Minnesota.
- Clear contact information (including phone number) on website? Yes
- Case studies and/or reviews on website? No, see above.
- Straightforward to get quotes? Yes
- Website contains useful information about business energy? Limited, not a huge amount of information.
- Online account management? No, although you can submit meter readings online.
Based on the above Xcel Energy gets a website score of 3/5.
– Posted on January 8th, 2018