Opus Energy supplies electricity and gas to both small and large businesses across the UK. Unlike the big 6 UK energy suppliers, they focus exclusively on supplying energy to businesses.
Opus Energy Business Electricity & Gas Tariffs
Small and Medium Businesses
- Electricity only, gas only and dual fuel contracts available.
- Fixed price contracts for up to 3 years
- Online account management
- Free smart meter with business electricity contracts
- Uk based customer service
- Out-of-contract electricity prices from 21.25 p/kwh plus 70p/day standing charge
- Out-of-contract gas rates from 6.01 p/kwh plus 90 p/day standing charge
Large business tariffs apply to businesses with an average spend of over £100,000 per annum or with more than five sites.
- Flexible electricity purchasing for businesses who use over 5GWhs (£500,000) per year
- Direct access to the wholesale market.
- Available to both Non-Half Hourly (NHH) and Half-Hourly (HH) metered commercial electricity customers
- Fixed price electricity for the duration of your contract
- Flexible contract sizes depending on the size of your business
- Dedicated account manager
- Fixed, secure gas price for the duration of your contract
- Volume flexibility by applying no volume tolerance
- Flexible contract durations
Company profile: Opus Energy claims to be the UK’s largest ‘Independent Business Energy Supplier.’ In 2015 they broke into top six suppliers of business energy challenging the dominance of the traditional big 6 energy suppliers. However, unlike the big 6, Opus Energy is solely focused on supplying energy to the business sector.
The company was founded in 2002 and last year had revenues of just over £500 million. It’s based in Northampton and employs nearly 700 people.
In addition to the tariffs above, Opus Energy can also help businesses with their renewable energy needs including installation and buying power. They also like to focus on their superior customer service with a UK based customer support team.
They work with businesses and organizations of all sizes including the Canal & River Trust, White Stuff, Your Housing Group, Salisbury Museum and many more. Therefore, if you’re looking for an alternative to the big six, Opus Energy is worth a look.