Power NI Business Energy: Prices, Tariffs & Reviews
Power NI is Northern Ireland's leading energy company supplying energy to approximately 600,000 homes, farms and businesses. Learn more about their tariffs below, along with a company profile and company reviews. (Note: Power NI and Energia have the same parent company).
Save time, compare the latest tariffs and protect your business energy bills within 30 seconds
A Guide To Power NI
Power NI is a part of the Energia Group, formerly known as the Veridian Group, which also owns Energia. They are Northern Ireland’s largest electricity supplier, fulfilling around 70% of the domestic market’s electricity needs and 49% of the commercial market.
For almost 90 years they have offered fair and competitive prices based on agreements with the Utility Regulator and state their aims as driving positive changes for people living in Northern Ireland and our planet by implementing sustainable practices that house smart, affordable, and customer focussed products and services.
They have been recognised by the Consumer Council as having the lowest level of customer complaints of any local energy supplier and can provide your business with everything from insulation to boiler maintenance to installation and management of your solar PV system.
Power NI Reviews
Power NI has an average rating of 4.4 out of 5-star reviews on Trustpilot, based on around 650 reviews. 82% of those are 5-star reviews, whilst the other 4 are split below 10% - so overall an excellent experience, with many of the comments stating how much cheaper they are than their competitors, and how they can deal with most issues online or over the phone.
Power NI FAQs
Who Owns Power NI?
Formerly known as the Veridian Group, Energia Group focuses its strategies on Irish energy markets and owns Power NI along with Energia. They aim to deliver optimal customer solutions for homes and businesses throughout Ireland, with a spotlight on renewables, flexible generation, and customer service.
Where Is The Power NI Head Office?
Power NI operates from offices based in Dublin, Belfast, Antrim, and Omagh.
How Can I Contact Power NI?
When you switch with British Business Energy, we can handle all of the contacts with your new supplier, so you can focus on running your business. However, should you ever need them, please find the detail below.
Phone: 03457 455 455 (Monday - Friday, 9 am to 5 pm)
The Energy Online app is available on App Store and Google Play.
They also have a contact form available on their website for email responses.
What Is Power NI's Cancellation Policy?
For non-domestic fixed-term contract customers, the duration of your agreement is specified in the contract. Either party may be subject to 20 working days' written notice being given before the end date specified on the contract. If you want to end the agreement before the specified date you must still pay the projected costs until the end date, together with the admin fees for early termination.
For non-domestic non-contract customers, this agreement continues until either party chooses to end it. To cancel your agreement, simply write, stating your name, address and contact number, to Power NI, Greenwood House, 64 Newforge Lane, Belfast, BT9 5NF.
For more information on non-domestic cancellation policies, visit their website for in-depth terms and conditions on all agreements.
For domestic customers, Power NI recommends reading your meter before calling their customer helpline on 03457 455 455. They will arrange to close your account and issue you with a final bill based on the reading.
How Are Power NI Prices Regulated?
The Utility Regulator monitors and approves the maximum tariffs that Power NI can charge its customers. This is based on their costs for providing services and small margins. The Utility Regular also restricts how much of Power NI’s costs can be passed through to customers using Price Controls.
Power NI Business Prices & Tariffs
Power NI Tariffs For Small Users
- For companies that spend less than £2,000 per quarter on electricity.
- Three tariffs to choose from: Popular (for businesses with 9-5 opening hours), Nightsaver (for food retailers and others with extensive heating/cooking needs) and Weekender (pubs and other businesses open many nights/weekends).
- Variable Price Plan with loyalty discounts for contracts over 1 year.
- Fixed Price Plan for fixed electricity prices.
- Green Energy Plans with either fixed or variable pricing.
Power NI Tariffs For Medium Users
- For companies that spend between £2,000 and £5,000 per quarter on electricity.
- Offer a range of tariffs and contract options to suit your needs
- Green Energy Plan from certified 'green' sources like wind and water turbines
- Variable Price Plan tracks the latest market rates
- Fixed Price Plan with network and market charges treated as pass-through
Power NI Tariffs For Larger Users & Group Sites
- For companies that spend over £5,000 per quarter on electricity.
- A range of Energy Plans to suit your needs
- Open and transparent pricing
- Variable, Fixed and Green Plans are all available.
- Enhanced customer support from a Key Account Manager