Bulb is one the newest green energy suppliers in the UK. Formed by friends Hayden and Amit, their aim is to solve the problems of the big energy suppliers: inefficiency, poor service, bad tariffs and no transparency.
You can get £50 worth of energy just by switching.
While their main focus is on providing energy to UK households, they do also offer business tariffs to businesses looking for a transparent energy provider than can help them go green.
Simple Business Tariff
- 100% renewable electricity + 10% renewable gas
- Electricity prices from 10.10 p/kwh (+ VAT)
- Gas prices from 2.25 p/kwh (+ VAT)
- Standing charges for gas and electricity are both 27.40p per day
- No contract
- No exit fees
Bulb company profile: Bulb is a new (established in 2015) London based energy supplier offering 100% renewable electricity and 10% renewable gas to both home and business customers across the UK. Their aim is to be as transparent as possible which is why pricing information is clearly displayed on their website, unlike many of the Big 6 suppliers.
They also aim to keep things simple which means they have one tariff for electricity and gas. For smaller energy consumers their rates are among the lowest among renewable energy companies. However, larger businesses may be able to find lower rates with other suppliers.
Their electricity comes form sources such as Llyn Brenig Hydro in North Wales and 10% of their gas comes from biomethane. They also offer Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) to renewable energy generators with an installed capacity greater than 100kW.
Overall Bulb has overwhelmingly positive reviews from around the web.
“I have been conditioned to believe that if something seems too good to be true there must be a catch, but from the outside there doesn’t seem to be one with Bulb.” – Scott via techworld
“Poor process, taking money without authorisation” – Alan via TrustPilot
- Clear contact information (including phone number) on website? Yes
- Case studies and/or reviews on website? Yes, and extremely positive.
- Straightforward to get quotes? Yes
- Website contains useful information about business energy? Yes clear information including pricing.
- Online account management? Yes
Based on the above Bulb gets a website score of 5/5.
– Posted on January 8th, 2018
Note we currently use Bulb as our home energy provider. They have provided us a referral link which means we both get £50 worth of energy if you make the switch via any link on our site. Only fair you know.