SmartestEnergy are a leading UK independent renewable business electricity supplier.
Below you can find information about SmartestEnergy contracts, rates and prices for businesses, as well as read reviews from real customers.
Renewable Electricity Supply Products
- Renewable Standard: certificate-backed 100% renewable electricity from a variety of sources.
- Natural Renewable: certificate-backed 100% renewable electricity generated by just the wind, sun or water.
- Specific Renewable: a bespoke product which allows you to choose your preferred source of renewable generation, backed by the relevant origin certificates.
- Products developed with the Carbon Trust
- Purchase and match Renewable Electricity Guarantee of Origin (REGO) certificates.
Other Business Electricity Tariffs
- FlexiBase: Direct access to the wholesale market electricity and allows you to actively manage your own purchasing strategy.
- Group FlexiBase: Same as above, but for businesses with multiple sites.
- FlexiBase Dual Meter: Group all your half hourly and non-half hourly sites onto the same contract.
- EnviroPass: Passes through Government Taxes and Levies at the published rates.
- SmartDSR: Demand Side Response helps reduce energy use and environmental impact.
Company profile: SmartestEnergy cliams to have 1,500 business customers across the UK. They pride themselves on offering greater choice and flexibility.
They started business in 2001 as a generation aggregator and have been supplying industrial and commercial enterprises since 2008. They now work with over 600 independent renewable energy generators to provide electricity.
Their current renewable tariffs were developed with support from the Carbon Trust. Beyond that they emphasise focus on customers, support independent generators and smarter energy usage. In 2015/16 hydro and wind make up the majority (67.5%) of their fuel mix.