Bristol Energy is an energy company with a difference. It’s owned by the Bristol City Council and according to their website: “Bristol Energy is a force for social good. Together we’re championing social equality, local renewables and stronger communities.”
While their primary focus is on residential customers they do offer business electricity & gas tariffs for Micro and SME businesses.
Business Electricity Tariffs
- Fixed price electricity tariffs for 12 or 24 months.
- They offer a 100% green renewable business tariff.
- Can accommodate Half Hourly meter who consume up to 3 GWh per site.
- Available to businesses across the UK, not just in the Bristol area.
Business Gas Tariffs
- Fixed price gas tariffs for 12 or 24 months.
- No hidden charges.
- Discourage customers from auto-rolling onto more expensive tariffs.
- Fair and competitive pricing.
- Can handle gas customers with annual usage up to 732,000 KWh per year.
Bristol Energy company profile: Bristol Energy is a trading name of Bristol Energy & Technology Services (Supply) Limited, a company controlled by Bristol City Council. They are one of the UK’s first municipal energy companies and aim to disrupt the power of the Big 6 energy companies.
The money it generates helps support Bristol City Council, and you can even pay your energy bills with the Bristol Pound. They’re working to try and tackle fuel poverty in the city via the Warm Home Discount. And are developing partnerships with local people and organisations generating renewable energy.
So if your business is looking for an energy supplier with a social conscience, you might want to give Bristol Energy a look.
Bristol Energy Reveiws
“So far very happy with their service. The switchover from my previous provider was very simple and went as expected.” – by ER via Trustpilot
“I’ve been with them a few months now. Switch went fine and when I contacted them for a credit refund it was dealt with straight away, unlike my gas supplier.” – thelight via MSE Forum
“They don’t put you on the tariff you request.” – Nathan94 via MSE Forum
British Business Energy Business Energy Website Score:
- Clear contact information (including phone number) on website? Yes
- Case studies and/or reviews on website? No, and reviews from around the web are a little mixed.
- Straightforward to get a quote? Yes
- Website contains useful information about business energy? Yes, they have decent information about their tariffs, although prices are not clearly displayed.
- Online account management? Yes
Based on the above Bristol Energy gets a website score of 4/5.
– Posted on January 8th, 2018