SSE Business Energy is the business side of Big Six energy company SSE Plc’s (formerly Scottish and Southern Energy plc) energy offerings.
SSE Business Energy and SSE Enterprise Energy offer both electricity and gas to both small and large businesses. Learn more about prices and rates plus read reviews below.
SMEs have the following plans and tariffs to choose from while those for large businesses and organisations can be found further down:
SSE Small Business Electricity & Gas Tariffs
- Fixed rate contracts offered for small and micro businesses
- Flexible terms around many contracts
- Clearly displayed deemed contract rates
- Electricity: 14.44 p/kwh + 16.57 p/day standing charge
- Gas: 3.23 p/kwh + 128 p/day standing charge
SSE Micro Business Electricity & Gas Tariffs
These tariffs are reserved for businesses that meet at least one of the following criteria: employs fewer than 10 employees (or their full time equivalent) and has an annual turnover or balance sheet no greater than €2 million; or uses no more than 100,000 kWh of electricity per year; or uses no more than 293,000 kWh of gas per year.
If you meet the criteria above you will benefit from additional protection, whereby they will not charge you for genuine billing errors. For example:
- No attempt to gain an actual meter reading
- Failure to bill an account
- Failure to use actual meter readings provided
- Applying incorrect unit rates
- Failure to update Customer records when notified of a change
SSE Enterprise Large Business Electricity & Gas Tariffs
The following plans and contracts apply to large enterprises who use large volumes of energy.
Flexible price contracts
- Helps you manage your risk and take advantage of market movements
- Puts you in control of your buying patterns which can be adapted to reflect your business strategy and performance
- Enables you to respond to changing market conditions
- Direct access to our experienced trading team to facilitate your energy purchase in real time.
Fixed price contracts
- Budget certainty – you know what your energy costs will be across your portfolio and can plan for them.
- Fixed prices for up to four years to aid future planning.
- Price stability for peace of mind and reduced risk.
Annual tracker supply contract
- Spread your contract purchasing over a longer period of time without risking 100% of your price on either fixed or a flexible agreement.
- Match the contract to your attitude towards risk and your business needs, giving you the best balance of market movements whilst retaining your control.
Company Profile: SSE Business Energy and SSE Enterprise Energy are both a part of SSE plc one of the UK’s big six energy companies. SSE operates under several different brand names across the UK such as: SSE Airtricity (Northern Ireland), SSE & SSE Atlantic (North of England), SSE Scottish Hydro (Scotland), SSE Southern Electric (South of England), SSE Swalec (Wales).
As you can see above SSE divides its business offerings between small and large businesses. For both sets of customers it goes beyond simply offering contracts and can also help with new meter installations and connections, energy strategy, energy efficiency and energy management.
SSE is the UK’s largest generator of renewable energy, and is the second largest provider of electricity and natural gas across the UK. They are also a supporter of the Living wage and employs nearly 20,000 people across the UK and has 400,000 business customers.