Power NI is Northern Ireland’s leading energy company supplying energy to approximately 600,000 homes, farms and businesses. Learn more about their tariffs below, along with a company profile and company reviews. (Note: Power NI and Energia have the same parent company).
Power NI Tariffs For Small Users
- For companies that spend less than £2,000 per quarter on electricity.
- Three tariffs to choose from: Popular (for businesses with 9-5 opening hours), Nightsaver (for food retailers and others with extensive heating/cooking needs) and Weekender (pubs and other buisnesses open many nights/weekend).
- Variable Price Plan with loyalty discounts for contracts over 1 year.
- Fixed Price Plan for fixed electricity prices.
- Green Energy Plans with either fixed or variable pricing.
Power NI Tariffs For Medium Users
- For companies that spend between £2,000 and £5,000 per quarter on electricity.
- Offer a range of tariffs and contract options to suit your needs
- Green Energy Plan from certified ‘green’ sources like wind and water turbines
- Variable Price Plan tracks the latest market rates
- Fixed Price Plan with network and market charges treated as pass-through
Power NI Tariffs For Larger Users & Group Sites
- For companies that spend over £5,000 per quarter on electricity.
- A range of Energy Plans to suit your needs
- Open and transparent pricing
- Variable, Fixed and Green Plans all available.
- Enhanced customer support from a Key Account Manager
Company profile: Power NI is part of the Viridian Group which also owns Energia. They fulfil around 70% of the domestic market’s electricity needs along with 49% of the commercial market.
They offer fair and competitive prices based on agreements with the Utility Regulator. They also claim to focus on customer service with staff in Antrim, Belfast and Omagh and claim to answer most calls within 20 seconds. Moreover, they have been recognised by the Consumer Council as having the lowest level of customer complaints of any local energy supplier.
Finally, the company also focuses on energy savings, efficiency and green energy. They can help your business with everything from insulation to boiler maintenance to installation and management of your solar PV system.
Given their size and scope you’ll likely want to get a business electricity quote when comparing suppliers. Who knows you may be among the 16,000 people who’ve switched back to them after trying another supplier.
Power NI Reviews
“I’ve been a Power NI customer now for just over a year and I must say it has been hassle/stress free. I pay by direct debit and it couldn’t be easier to manage and keep track of my bill online!” – David via Trustpilot
Power NI came joint fourth out of six energy companies in Northern Ireland in the 2016 Which? customer survey.
- Clear contact information (including phone number) on website? Yes, but not as obvious as it could be.
- Case studies and/or reviews on website? No, although they do highlight their charitable work on their website and generally seem to have positive reviews online.
- Straightforward to get quotes? Yes, simple quote form.
- Website contains useful information about business energy? Yes, lots of information about their plans, tariffs and other services.
- Online account management? Yes
Based on the above Power NI gets a website score of 4.5/5.
– Posted on January 8th, 2018