LoCO2 Energy is an independent green energy supplier that offers both home and business electricity & gas tariffs.
Below you can find information about LoCO2 Energy’s contracts, rates and prices for businesses, as well as read reviews from real customers.
Business Planet Tariff
- 100% renewable energy – most from their own hydropower sites.
- Additional, electricity may come from wind, anaerobic digestion, solar or other renewable technologies.
- Green gas comes from Biomethane.
Business Pocket Tariff
- Cheaper than Business Planet Tariff.
- Minimum of 50% renewable energy, but increasing all the time
- Climate Change Levy (CCL) will be charged.
Company profile: LoCO2 Energy is one of several independent energy companies in the UK focused on selling renewable electricity and green gas. They’ve been trading since 2009 and primary focus on hydropower through their own vertically integrated sites.
To top up their electricity supply they’ve also contracted with suppliers of wind, solar, anaerobic digestion, and biomass. Their green gas is 10% Biomethane, which is a 100% renewable source produced by the natural breakdown of organic matter.
Some of their business clients include: The Norman Knight Pub, Alder Carr Farm, Meanwhile Creative, Glenuig Inn and Practical Ecology Ltd.
LoCO2 Energy Reviews
“Helped Glenuig Inn become net exporter of green electricity” – via LoCO2 Energy case study
“LoCO2 Energy has been awarded Ethical Accreditation membership.” – The Good Shopping Guide
“15/20” – Ethical Consumer guide to energy
“I have been really pleasantly surprised by the high level of customer service overall…” – via MoneySupermarket.com
“If you come to leave you have to change your final bill for over 3 months, then on the fourth month they call and say they have made a mistake on the final bill.” – via MoneySupermarket.com
- Clear contact information (including phone number) on website? Yes
- Case studies and/or reviews on website? Yes
- Straightforward to get quotes? Yes
- Website contains useful information about business energy? Partial, website has limited information about their business plans.
- Online account management? Partial, can submit meter readings and make payments online but does not look like they offer full online account management.
Based on the above LoCO2 Energy gets a website score of 4/5.
– Posted on August 21st, 2016