As the name suggests Green Energy UK sells renewable electricity and green gas to homes and businesses in the UK. As an added incentive they offer free shares in their business to customers.
Below we profile their electricity & gas prices, rates, contracts and tariffs for business customers and also show you some reviews from around the web.
Dual Fuel Still Tariff
- Electricity from waste heat
- Business electricity prices that compete with Big 6
Dual Fuel Sparkling Tariff
- 100% sustainable energy
- Sources include wind, hydro, solar and even pig poo
- Tariffs on par with those in your region
Please note that Green Energy UK does separate its tariffs between home and business users. The tariffs listed above are simply what appears on their website, although businesses are encouraged to call to get a bespoke quote tailored for their business.
Green Energy UK company profile: Their goal is make green energy mainstream and not just an “alternative” for UK customers. To do this they aim to price their tariffs at the same rate as the rest of the local market. Plus, they give shares in their company to current customers as an added bonus.
Their other major selling point is that they prize customer service, even going so far as to offer a customer promise. They operate in England, Scotland and Wales and claim that they are: “the first company in the UK energy market to only supply renewable green gas to its residential and business customers.”
Thus, making them the only truly 100% green energy supplier in the UK. They are Ofgem (Office of Gas and Electricity Markets) regulated and certified which means your energy supplies are always secure.
Green Energy UK Reviews
“We chose Green Energy UK for its values and commitment to the environment. However as a charity, cost is also a factor and in comparison with other electricity providers Green Energy UK also proved very cost effective.” says Tracy Smith, Hawk Conservancy Trust customer testimonial
“This tariff allows me to buy green at a reasonable price.” – via MoneySuperMarket
“14.5/20” – from Ethical Consumer
“I signed up Green energy website to get to know the options available. 8months later I found that company taken over my account from my previous supplier without my knowledge…” – via MoneySuperMarket
- Clear contact information (including phone number) on website? Yes
- Case studies and/or reviews on website? Yes, extensive business case studies
- Straightforward to get quotes? Partial, have to phone for business quotes.
- Website contains useful information about business energy? Yes, although not the easiest to find.
- Online account management? Yes
Based on the above Green Energy UK gets a website score of 4.5/5.
– Posted on August 10th, 2016