Dual Energy is a low-cost independent UK business electricity supplier that’s been in business since 2009. They focus on Smart Meter billing to offer competitive prices. Below we outline their tariffs, provide a company profile and reviews from around the web.
Dual Energy Business Electricity Tariffs
Dual Energy offers the following business electricity tariffs.
SMARTSaver – 3 Year + Annual Price Review
- Fixed electricity prices for the first 12 months.
- Annual price review each year after.
- Price match if you find a better deal.
SMARTSaver – 1, 2 or 3 Year Fixed
- Fully fixed prices for 1, 2 or 3 years
- Includes Free Smart Meter
- UK based customer service
Budget Plan Payment
- Spread costs throughout the year
- Payments are taken by Direct Debit
- Regularly account reviews to ensure payment amount reflects actual usage
Business Prepay service
- No security deposit
- Variable rate tariff
- Meter profile classes (03-04): 18.4 p/kWH + 65p/day standing charge.
- Meter profile classes (05-08): 18.4 p/kWH + 95p/day standing charge.
Sample Tariff Pricing*
- SmartFlex Tariff: 15.9 p/kWh + 35 p/day standing charge (profiles 03-04) or 90 p/day (profiles 05-08).
- Standard Tariff: 23.9 p/kWH + 89 p/day Standing charge (profiles 03-04) or 259 p/day (profiles 05-08)
- Low User Tariff: (less than 5,000 kWh per year) 14.4 p/kWH day rate and 10.4 p/kWh night rate + 39 p/day standing charge (profile 03-04) or 99 p/day (profile 05-08).
* Note prices accurate at time of writing but subject to change without notice.
Dual Energy Company Profile: Dual Energy is an independent business and electricity only energy supplier. They offer free SMART meters to all customers to ensure accurate billing and automatic reads (usually provided 4-6 weeks after switching) .
They also encourage customers to use one of their budget plans that spreads electricity costs evenly throughout the year. So while you may pay more in July, you won’t have any nasty surprises come January.
They are also one of the few companies offering prepayment business meters, which is good for businesses with poor or no credit history. Finally, their customer service staff are all based in the UK and are trained to deal with all enquiries in a clear, prompt and professional manner.
Dual Energy Reviews
“Very pleased to say I had a seamless transfer, which has never happened before and bills have been much cheaper than previously & had no billing problems!” – Colin via Trustpilot
“I have been a customer for 18 months now. My bills are always correct now that the smart meter is installed and whilst I was expecting a price hike in year 2, the new price was slightly high but good enough for me not to both to try to switch again.” – via Review Centre
“dishonourable behaviour” – Gareth via Trustpilot
- Clear contact information (including phone number) on website? Yes
- Case studies and/or reviews on website? No, although they do list awards. Reviews from around the web are a little mixed.
- Straightforward to get quotes? Yes
- Website contains useful information about business energy? Yes, the website contains extensive information about their services including pricing.
- Online account management? Yes
Based on the above Dual Energy gets a website score of 4/5.
– Posted on January 8th, 2018