CNG (Contract Natural Gas) is an independent gas supplier to businesses in the UK. Below about their contracts, tariffs, rates, prices and reviews.
Contract Natural Gas Tariffs
- Offer both fixed and variable rate gas contracts
- Option to pay the same amount each month
- Includes CCL charges, currently 0.1930 pence per kWh for consumption of 4,397 kWhs or over and is subject to VAT at standard rate (20%).
- Payments billed monthly on the 10th of each month with 10 day payment terms (payment due by 20th).
- Monthly meter reading for businesses using 293,071+ kWhs of gas per year and every 6 months for businesses using less than this amount.
- Encourage the use of Automated Meter Reading (AMR)
- Track consumption over multiple sites
- Transfers from other energy suppliers take at least 14 calendar days.
- Can cancel contracts no later than 30 days before your contract is scheduled to expire.
CNG (Contract Natural Gas) company profile: Founded in 1994 CNG now claims to be the largest independent shipper of gas in the UK with 50,000+ customers.
They view themselves as being different and have focused on 7 crazy ideas (summary from their website):
- Take away the pain – A knowledgeable team of CNG people are on hand to answer your calls quickly and do weird things like, you know, actually help.
- Let’s be bigger than profit – “The energy market needs more competition and greater transparency.” That’s what Ofgem said. So we thought, okay then… let’s make that happen.
- Get stuff right – No more ‘finger-in-air-billing’. We’ve already switched many customers to AMR meters. We’re also looking to invest in smart meters for accurate billing.
- Work with good people – We work with partners who we rate. People who see things the same way as we do. That’s why we prefer to work with people who share our values, and make customers a priority.
- Just do stuff – Making Energy Connections extra flexible and offering a solution that works around customers.
- Do the right thing – It’s about going to great lengths to ensure nobody’s on a contract that doesn’t work for them, and having access to transparent pricing and billing with a painless switching process.
- Be happy – So we invest in ourselves for the benefit of the people we work with. We also invest in our customers. In fact, we won an Outstanding Investors in Customers award.
“I used to have low expectations when dealing with the big corporate companies as their customers are just numbers they are dealing with en masse but with CNG you are not just a number. 10 out of 10 for customer service.” – Kirstie Gray, Administrator, Parley Cross Veterinary Centre via CNG case study
We could find no negative reviews for CNG online at the time of writing.
- Clear contact information (including phone number) on website? Yes
- Case studies and/or reviews on website? Yes, all extremely positive.
- Straightforward to get quotes? Yes
- Website contains useful information about business gas? Limited the website has only limited information about their tariffs and plans.
- Online account management? Yes
Based on the above Contract Natural Gas gets a website score of 4.3/5.
– Posted on January 8th, 2018