Better Energy is an independent energy supplier licensed by Ofgem to supply gas to domestic and business customers across the UK. The company was founded in 2010 and has been supplying gas to customers since January 2011.
Their moto is: “Same energy, Better price” and aim to offer both exceptional value and exceptional customer service.
Business Gas Tariffs
- Installation of an automatic meter reading (AMR)
- Fixed and variable Tariffs
- Optional online account management
Business Electricity Tariffs
Better Energy company profile: They are able to offer cheaper gas tariffs than the big gas suppliers in the UK, since they have access to the same wholesale gas markets as other suppliers but have lower overheads. They set their prices to reflect the costs they face and offer discounts to customers who self-manage online.
Currently they only supply gas. However, they are licensed to supply electricity, but still have some work to complete before they can start supplying customers. Therefore, they will hopefully be offering dual fuel tariffs in the not too distant future.
They are very transparent about their consumer tariffs on their website, but business customers will need to get a quote to get business gas prices.
Better Energy Reviews
Better Energy has relatively few reviews online, but the ones that are there are all positive.
“If you want a response Customer Service, Better Energy is a good company.” – Tim via Trustpilot
“I would highly recommend this company to anyone.” – via Money Supermarket
We could not find any negative reviews online at the time of publication.
- Clear contact information (including phone number) on website? Yes
- Case studies and/or reviews on website? No
- Straightforward to get quotes? Yes
- Website contains useful information about business energy? Some, while they have a lot of information about their services, there is only a very limited amount targeted to business customers.
- Online account management? Yes
Based on the above Better Energy gets a website score of 3.5/5.
– Posted on January 8th, 2018