BES Utilities is the parent of Business Energy Solutions LTD, BES Commercial Electricity, BES Commercial Gas and BES Telecom which offers a range business electricity and gas tariffs.
The company was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Fleetwood, Lancashire.
Business Electricity Tariffs
- Supplies customers with free Smart Meters to eliminate estimated billing and offer more transparent electricity prices.
- Marker tracker tariff is made up of the 5 industry costs: Wholesale energy, “Green” costs and levies, Distribution (DUoS), Transmission (TUoS) and Metering.
- Hassle-free invoices to help you to know exactly what you’ve been billed.
Business Gas Tariffs
- Offer a budget plan payment scheme (BPP) where you pay a set amount each month to avoid bill shock in winter.
- Based and operate from the UK to help provide quick and reliable customer support.
- Easy invoices always know what you’ve been billed and your current gas price.
Other Business Energy Services
- BES Corporate Business for larger and multi-site customers, offering specialist account managers.
- Energy brokers
BES Utilities company profile: BES Utilities (originally Business Energy Solutions LTD) was founded in 2002, making it one of the more established independent business energy suppliers in the UK.
The current incarnation of the company was created in 2013 when Business Energy Solutions Ltd, BES Commercial Electricity Ltd and BES Telecom Ltd combine to form the BES Utilities group of companies.
They sponsor Fleetwood Town Football Club and Blackpool Illuminations.
BES Utilities Reviews
Note: In 2015, BES was fined £980,000 by Ofgem in relation to compliance with its obligations under the gas and electricity supply licences.
For more on this you may also wish to refer to this MSE Forum thread.
“We are delighted to be working with BES Utilities and believe our expertise can help the company best develop new systems which will be invaluable for both BES and its customers.” – Prof John Boylan from Lancaster University via Energy Live News
Note: At the time of writing we could not find any other positive reviews of the company online, nor do they seem to offer any case studies on their website. However, they do offer a Business Energy Solutions Fund for struggling SMEs.
“BULLY tactics closed down our business” – by Dawn via Truspilot
- Clear contact information (including phone number) on website? Yes
- Case studies and/or reviews on website? No, and reviews from around the web seem mostly negative.
- Straightforward to get quotes? Yes
- Website contains useful information about business energy? Limited, the website lacks detailed information about their products and services including pricing.
- Online account management? Yes
Based on the above BES Utilities gets a website score of 3/5.
– Posted on May 12th, 2017